My Updates and Offers regarding
Covid-19 / SARS-Cov-2
This is a difficult and uncertain time for all of us. I want to provide you with the therapeutic services you need, but I must take some precautions for my sake and yours. After all, Hippocrates said it best. Above all else, "Do no harm".
I am open.
On Nov. 25th, 2020 WA State Gov. Jay Inslee released an updated proclamation for healthcare workers which states that non-urgent healthcare is prohibited UNLESS Covid protocols can be followed. The massage therapy industry has received confirmation that we can still operate granted that we are tracking the hospital capacity in our county and that we are able to the protocols of capacity, PPE, client screening and sanitization. Latest WA State proclamation
Along with this, I would also like to point out developing information regarding another side effect of Covid. You may already be aware of, whether from the handout I provide you or elsewhere, that Covid has been found to cause blood clotting in people who have been infected by Covid. The newly surfaced studies have revealed that those who have recovered from the virus or have tested negative can develop coagulation abnormalities are appearing in extremities, the brain and other organs of the body. This can cause lung damage, stroke, heart attack and more. More info here.
In short, I am staying open for the time being. Please don't let the above divert you from coming, but rather keep you informed in order to make responsible decisions. If anything of the above applies to you, or if you have tested positive for Covid or have any symptoms/are not feeling well, please take the extra precaution of canceling/rescheduling. My cancellation policy still applies. Our collective responsibility can save lives.
I will be increasing my screening process and protocols. I will be wearing a double-mask, ask clients additional screening questions such as daily risk of exposure, vulnerable people they come into contact with, if they have been exposed to Covid, even if they tested negative, etc. Keep in mind that I still do offer virtual sessions for Reiki, Life Coaching and Yoga. Yoga can assist with those aches & pains, tension, decreased range of motion and stress if you are unable to or prefer not to receive massage.
Below is the current criteria for my practice and my clients. Prior to scheduling, please read the following:
Current precautions and protocols (subject to change):
At the time of scheduling, if over the phone or email, I will ask clients a series of questions to determine the risk level for them receiving the service, especially if it is for massage. The questions will be the same as the session questionnaire you will complete prior to each session. New questions have been added. You are welcome to view the questionnaire here.
Do not park in main side lot- please park in back fenced lot and enter from the street-side entrance of Crescent Moon Gifts only, not through the CMG main doors).
- Text/call me to notify of your arrival. Enter through the 2 doors ahead and have a seat in the hallway. I will come greet you and provide you paperwork or collect already completed paperwork.
- Client temperature will be taken upon arrival, prior to entering the room. A no-contact thermometer will be used to take temperature.
- There will be a one-time Covid protocol agreement and per session waiver with questions regarding Covid-19, with the client giving consent for services.
- I will be wearing a clean disposable mask for each session, on top of stricter cleaning and sanitizing between clients. I already allow myself 30-45 minutes between clients and that time will be utilized for more thorough sanitization. Please read my blog post: Why Masks Matter
- Clients will be required to wear a mask. This is also a building requirement. Masks will not be necessary if lying face down, as the face cradle will have a pillow case "net" to catch any moisture particles. Clients would have the option to stay face up or lie on their side for the entire session.
- Masks must be a 2-3 layer cloth mask or surgical mask. If you do not have a mask, I will have disposable surgical masks available. You will need to notify me upon arrival if you need a mask so that I can supply it to you upon entering the building. *If you are uncomfortable wearing a mask for the duration of the session, laying face down with a pillowcase net below is an option.
- Hand sanitizer must be used upon entering my treatment room. Please refrain from touching anything in the room that is unnecessary.
- Clients must wash or sanitize their hands prior to session start.
- Talking must be kept at a minimum during the Massage or Reiki session. Conversation relating to the session is highly encouraged concerning symptoms, needs and feedback, while any unnecessary conversation needs to be kept at bay in order to limit the amount of moisture particles being emitted, even with masks on.
- If you are ill, have symptoms that resemble that of Covid, you will not be able to receive services.
- If you have an underlying condition or compromised immune system, it is recommended that you stay home.
- Contact Tracing at my practice is simple and respects the HIPAA privacy and confidentiality for all clients.
- You already provide me some form of contact information on your intake form. This information is only seen by me unless it is for insurance purposes in which insurance claims representative has permission to view.
- If I am notified of a client who has recently visited my practice tested positive for Covid, my duty is to contact each client that was in my treatment room that same day and let them know that "a client that same day" recently tested positive. No names or contact information is given out to anyone.
- In the event of a client testing positive, I will take a 14-day quarantine. This would mean that I will not be able to provide in-person services for 14 days from the date of the positive test taken by the client. I may not find out right away, but as soon as I do, I will take the proper precautions and also contact any clients that visited my office the same day as the client who tested positive.
More parameters may be added or the above parameters may be adjusted as we go.
If you are ready to book a session, you can email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at 206-414-8689 (during business hours only, please no text). My hours are still the same, however no online booking is available and I will be needing to regulate the flow of bookings.
Current hours of operation: Mon/Wed 12:30pm-7:00pm, Tues/Fri 9:00am-7:00pm, Sat 10:00am-3:00pm
Thank you for your patience and understanding. Virtual sessions are still available, as well as retail. Retail items can be shipped or arrange for pick-up. See below regarding details on virtual sessions and retail.
WOULD YOU FEEL MORE COMFORTABLE HAVING A VIRTUAL ONE-ON-ONE SESSION? HERE'S HOW!
- If you are seeking Massage session at this time, you can schedule a virtual session for me to assess the issue or focus that you have and make suggestions for self-massage, stretching, exercises, educated tips and more. *Note that I cannot prescribe, only suggest.
- If you are seeking a Reiki session at this time and would like some energy healing, you can schedule a virtual healing session with me to provide Reiki at a distance (yes, it is a thing and it is possible and amazing.) *Intro rate does not apply for virtual sessions.
- If you are seeking a Life Coaching session, the initial 20-min consultation is free. Have questions about Life Coaching like what it is and if if would be helpful for you? we can talk! Full Life Coaching sessions, including Emotional Freedom Technique, are easy to do virtually.
*All virtual sessions done through Zoom. I would send you an email invite to the session which gives you a room ID and password. It is user friendly and free to you.
***RETAIL IS HERE!***
I now offer a couple of retail items you can order online
OR in person! Have shipped or arrange pick-up.
- CBD topical products
- Custom handmade pendulums